Monday, March 2, 2009

Birthday Festivities






Nick's B-day was a blast! I think he enjoyed turning 23. We got lunch at J-dawg's which is a hot-dog stand south of campus started by a BYU student. It's fairly lucrative and everyone is basically obsessed with it in the summer. For those of you who know me well, you know that I refuse to eat hotdogs. However, it was my dear fiance's birthday, so I made an exception. It was my first hotdog since Darel choked on one at Dave and Abby's (and almost died, luckily Abby saved the day). Anyway, I was nervous, but I put those feelings aside and surprisingly, didn't mind the hotdog too much. According to Nick, they get their buns especially made (fresh everyday) and the barbeque special sauce was the owner's Grandma's secret recipe. How can I say no to that? Anyway, we enjoyed a semi-relaxing day and then flew off to CA where we had a great weekend. (See SNICK for more details). A couple days before Nick's birthday we went to Color Me Mine with a few of our friends. It's this really cute place where you paint ceramics and they let you pick them up a week later. As you can see I made a plate. Nick opted for a more practical option - A frog piggy bank. Before you knock his crazy-eyed frog you must know that he is now the "Date Frog." When we fill up the frog with change, we get to go on a date. Its all part of our budgeting as a soon-to-be married couple. I will not lie, I think Nick is a genius. I owe all our great future dates to the "Date Frog."

4 comments:

chelsea said...

Syd, For some reason my work computer won't let me post on the SNICK blog but I will keep trying or do it from home. I am so proud of you guys and the date frog! What I great idea:) Miss you!

chelsea said...

One more comment: The fact that you ate a hot dog for Nick shows eternal commitment and devotion. I don't know if I could do it:)!! Very impressive. I've actually never had a J-Dog but everyone is obsessed with them but they do not tempt me. My life goal is never to eat a hot dog or let any of my children eat them.

Darrell said...

Happy B-day Nick! Sounds like a fun day and weekend. Proud of you guys.

Darcee said...

LOVE the date frog idea. Although, I'll be absolutely shocked if you two really stick to that. Syd, i can't believe you ate a hot dog. Wow. Your love runs deeper than I ever imagined. My children do not know what they are and i intend to keep it that way...