1. I love that she always has a bunch of avocados waiting for me when I come home. They are my favorite thing but way too expensive for me to buy. I don’t have to ask (though she does always ask what I want her to make when I come home) but I always know there will be some yummy avocados waiting for me in the pantry. And if we don’t get around to eating them, she doesn’t judge me if I pack them in my suitcase to take back with me!
2. I basically went on my mission because of
5. She is generous. One of my favorite Smart sistas traditions was taking shopping trips to
6. I love that mom feeds the whole world. No one leaves the Smart house without gaining a minimum of 5 lbs. There are always strangers around the kitchen table who come from wide and far to sample her cuisine and experience her hospitality. She fed one family going through a rough time every Sunday for an entire year.
7. She-She is the original party planner. From ornate, money filled birthday cakes to enough decorations to beautify a small country;
9. I loved taking swimming lessons with mom and then helping her with the lessons as we go older. Then as we got even older she would drown us while playing pool basketball!10. She
2. Cutting my hair and talking with her
3. Cooking with her specifically cookies
4. All of her emails and packages she sends I think a lot of other missionaries are jealous of me for that.
5. How flexible she is with letting me do what I've wanted to do
6. Being a great example and drawing the line by telling me things I should or shouldn't do when necessary. (Her opinion is included in that)
7. Her sincerity when giving compliments to people. she focus's on what people are really good at and lets people know what those things may be, she is hearty in her approbation and lavish in her praise of others
8. Her listening skills and responding to others (she gives practical advice and thoughtful answers.)
9. Her fun loving nature and laid back personality, she knows when it is time to be serious and when it is time to have fun.
10. Her good looks, it has helped me more than she knows.
- She knows EXACTLY what kind of food I like and she will still buy/make it even though she hates it; chicken roll ups, Hawaiian haystacks, Hot Cheetos, and Sour Punch Straws.
- Trust. I can tell mom anything and I know it will never get out. I trust her more than anyone and I can talk to her about everything.
- She makes me breakfast, lunch, and dinner every day.
- She listens. Everyday after school I go in her room (while she is doing my laundry) and we talk for at least a half an hour about how our days went. She genuinely wants to know about my day and gives the BEST advice.
- She brings stuff I forget to school—no matter what.
- She takes me seriously and treats me like I’m important.
- She’s selfless; we go out to dinner once a week with dad—she usually let’s me pick.
- We get pedicures once a month together.
- She worries about me (sometimes a little too much), but still trusts me to make the right decisions.
- She has a special nickname for me; Belle.
- She has the ability to forgive me immediately, even when I’m being a bratty teenager.
- She’s my best friend. (I know this last one is corny, but it’s true)