Monday, October 26, 2009

Lifestyle of the Rich and Famous


Well, at least half of that is true. Chels may not be striking it rich working for the U.S. Agency for International Development, but she is definitely famous. Check out her quote in the George Washington University Medical Center paper: (4th paragraph)
http://www.gwumc.edu/medctr/news.cfm?view=news&d=9222

For those of you who may not know, Chels was the driving force behind a HUGE conference this month for global health professionals, GW students, members of the military and the general public. Over 1,000 people attended and she was the Head Honcho (or is it Honcha if you are female?) Regardless, the event was an enormous success.
There is no rest for the tireless jet-setter as she is off to Israel later this week. Did I mention that the government flies her first class on all these trips? How's the high life up there, Chels? Bring us bottom-dwellers a souvenir would you? Just kidding. I know you'll be hard at work saving the world, one family planning tip at a time. We all can't wait to hear about your trip but PLEASE be careful!

Below is a snapshot of her most recent work-related trip to Africa. Cheers to another stamp in your passport. I swear I'm joining you on one of your adventures soon. I'm beginning to forget what the world looks like beyond my front door.

By the way, I think my house qualifies as another planet, so consider visiting us sometime soon! I can't guarantee a stamp in your passport, but you'll get lots of loves from your favorite nephs and niece.


5 comments:

Sydney said...

Lets be honest - Chels is pretty much the bomb.com lately. I am insanely jealous of all her awesome trips! Maybe I will drop out of school and become her personal travel assistant?

Darrell said...

I agree. we are all jealous of Chels. And by the way, since you asked...the word Honcho, actually is a loan word from Japanese circa WW2. Hancho is the word for squad leader. This was adopted by the US GIs and somehow it got changed to honcho. And no, honcho is not gender specific, so honcho is the correct usage in english--male or female. OK, i know that's boring. sorry I couldn't resist. Back to Chels...We are so proud of her and all she does.

sheila said...

I too am jealous of you Chels. What a life you live. Please think of us back home as you are perusing the streets of Jerusalem and Tel Aviv. I couldn't be more proud of you and the work you are doing. To me that is Priceless!

Bryce and Leanna said...

Chelsea,
You are my hero!! I love to read about what you are doing in your life, I have to live vicariously through you! Have fun on your next exciting trip!! Love ya!

chelsea said...

At least I know someone thinks I'm cool! Thanks for the shout out and the Burnett place is one of the only places I'd rather be then in DC! I miss my favorite little people! The pics just aren't enough. I can't wait to see them (o and everyone else) in a month! Until then, Israel calls!!
PS. I had my debriefing today before I leave and the country rep told me not to worry that it's very safe, evacuations almost never happen, and that my hotel is right on the Mediterranean sea!