Saturday, October 17, 2009

Priceless

U2 Concert center stage concert tickets: $100
Gas to the concert: $15
Hours had to leave early from work in order to get a place ten feet from Bono: 2
Earplugs I should have bought: $10
Pre concert Diet Cokes: $1.59
Being winked at by Bono and getting the Edge's sweat dripped on me: Priceless

In order to celebrate the end to LSAT studying, we bought tickets to see U2 live in the flesh and ended up about 10 feet from them the whole night it was magical!

Melissa described it best in an email to friends who weren't there. She sums up the night here: "Well, considering I hardly have a voice and I think I have permanent hearing damage - I would say it was one of the best nights of my life! Their stage was a circle and there was a section (the inner circle) blocked off right in front of the stage and we were in it! We were SO CLOSE to BONO!!!!!! And The Edge; one word - HOTT!! It was really AMAZING! The only thing that could have topped it was if we got to go on stage with them. When Bono came a cross a bridge 3 feet from me singing "She Moves in Mysterious Ways" I think I wet my pants a little bit! When the crowd was a moving sea of people jumping up and down during "Elevation" and "Sunday Bloody Sunday" my heart was pounding so hard it almost came out of my chest! And when our group was swaying in a giant group hug during "With or Without You" I seriously almost cried! The night just went on and on, great moment after great moment!"


I may have wet my pants a little and cried too!! Someday I will tell my kids about this and remind them that there was a time when I was cool.
PS. During one of Bono's musical pauses he mentioned his work in Africa--does that mean I can write this off as a work expense??

4 comments:

Sydney said...

Bono has a thing for you FOR SURE! Chels! I love hearing about your awesome adventures!

sheila said...

Wow, sounds like the perfect concert for you and Melissa. How fun! Write this one off for sure! You and Mel look great! Like I say, you are the original party girls!

Darcee said...

Wish I could have partied with you guys! Looks A-mazing! It's okay to wet your pants. Just ask Darel about it.

Darrell said...

Okay, my daughter is a U2 groupie. I guess that's OK, because Bono is Uber-cool--kind of like Obama. Just think, you have been winked at by 2 of the coolest men on the planet in recent weeks. What a month Miha!