Thursday, October 14, 2010

Come Back!!


The past 6 days have been pure bliss!! Between late nights chats, great dinners, shopping trips, and a little bit of touristy stuff, Mom and Patty have been spoiling me like crazy. We fit a lot into their visit like a White House tour, Arlington cemetery, Smithsonian museums, Capitol tour, eastern market, and the Holocaust museum. I even dragged them to my work conference and our 4th Annual I fall for Fall party. Mom and Patty made the jaunt to the east coast and the party didn't stop until they got back on the plane to go home. I am seriously going through withdrawals. I loved getting some much needed motherly advice and being spoiled by gifts, shopping sprees (Patty and Mom in a mall is a dangerous combo!), homemade meals, and great restaurants. Please come back soon!!! But next make sure to do a better job of screening calls from Big D and Lil' D. They each called on average every couple of hours and once because they couldn't find any bread in the house. Call me crazy but when most people run out of bread they go to the grocery store to get more. Just a thought.





6 comments:

Jesica and Chris Fowler said...

I'm jealous times a million! I remember the good ol days when I got to live with you Chels...! Looks like so much fun!!!!!!!!!! There's nothin like being spoiled by moms! :)

Darrell said...

It was a matter of life and death so excuse you! I'm pretty sure Lil' D and I were suffering from "Failure to Thrive Syndrome." This is very serious condition that can cause loneliness, despair and EVEN DEATH!!! The Monday before Mom returned, Lil D asked me (I'm pretty sure with tears in her eyes) "Dad, do you think we'll even make it to Wednesday?! ... Good question...And to be sure this was not drama--it was pure and simple SURVIVAL!

sheila said...

Thanks for the shout out Chels, I loved every bit of my short vaca with you! Now it's back to teaching a couple of family members how to find a grocery store! Thanks for all of your wonderful eastern hospitality, I can't wait to return!

Sydney said...

I'm glad you guys had so much fun. I feel sorry for the D's. Will they ever learn how to survive?

cheryl said...

I'm glad you had so much fun. And I died laughing at the D,s failure to thrive sydrome. I love You guys, you have way too much fun!

MishMyBelle said...

Shiela, it was so fun to have you and Patty here! Thanks for a wonderful visit! Come back soon.