Sunday, October 3, 2010

Thank You, Darel

Thank you, Darel, for letting the Smart Family relive its glory days

Thank you for pretending to be asleep so that Syd and I could make our surprise complete

Thank you for not judging us when we wore these all weekend.

Thank you for giving me a reason to squeeze these babies

Thanks for allowing us to celebrate our favorite oldest sistas big day

Thank you for giving Brent a reason to bust this shirt out. It's a tragedy we missed getting a picture of him in his letterman jacket. Cole and Keith were sad to learn that Number 41 is now retired at WVHS.

Thanks for giving Durrelly one last opportunity to walk the red carpet at the WVHS Homecoming Game.

Thanks for allowing Syd to wear this all weekend.

Thanks for allowing Syd and I a chance to babysit these guys. It made us have a deeper appreciation for Darc’s life.

Thanks for helping Cole put on his “hat”

Thank you for allowing me to fly 3,000 miles to serve your friends dinner like an unpaid waitress (I would have taken a picture but I was too busy serving plates of Shelly’s deliciousness to the 30 teenyboppers scattered around our house)



Thank you for representing the last of the Smarts so well at WVHS

Thank you, Darel, for keepin’ in real

6 comments:

Darcee said...

CJ, you're hilarious. I cracked up the whole time. "I'm picking up a hint of sarcasm." Anyway, loved it. Miss you! And thanks again for watching my cherubs so I could have a well-needed break as I step into old age!

Darrell said...

If you want princesses, marry a queen. Well that's my motto and proud of it. You're all beautiful and amazing. I'm so happy you all favor your mother.

sheila said...

Chels, a big shout out and thank you for posting about such a memorable weekend. Thanks for continuing to keep our crazy family on track. Loved the pics, thank heaven someone was working the camera. Can't wait to see your beautiful face on Thursday!

Jesica and Chris Fowler said...

Oh my word... I love it times a million!!!!!! SO stinkin Cute! Congrats Darel! You looked hot mama along with everyone else! :) Darc... you have been in the sun and I wish my skin looked like yours! :)

Sydney said...

Thank you chels for this post! I agree with the queen's joker! ... thank goodness we favor her!

Darrell said...

Hey Syd, by "queen's joker" I can only assume you mean ME??!