Friday, September 2, 2011

Be True to Your School

I was outraged to view the two comments to Chelsea's unsubtle, recent post about our various schools. In no way was the picture of her supposed "mascot" convincing of superiority. Yes, she did put it last, but is that really showing equality or was it a tactic to help those deciding on a mascot? "I don't know who to pick so I will just pick the last one I can remember." I think you see my point. But with all that aside, the truly sad part was I was sold out by my own wife. True, she has been known to wake up at 2am and watch the royal wedding by choice and then proceed from the original viewing with an 18-hour marathon of royal wedding reruns, but still, follow the Beach Boys' advice and Be True to Your School. Syd did concede that no matter how much she loved our Duck, her heart was given away along time ago to the Royal Family. I must give her props for sticking to her guns. I think all the Smart's would probably agree, which is why there will inevitably be heated debates over the next few years, or realistically decades, as to which mascot is the best. So in order to make my argument of why the Duck's are at the top of the food chain allow me to make just two arguments.

1) Ducks fly together.



2) My mascot can beat up your mascot.



5 comments:

chelsea said...

Nick, you had to put a clip of one of my favorite movies! Ducks may have just moved into second place as i do have to do as you suggested--be true to my school! Quack, quack.

Chubbs said...

I don't know Chelsea, judging by the second film it looks like they may just be a bunch of crude jerks ;) j/k! We love and miss you guys over on the west coast... even if you are ducks...

Sydney said...

You've almost convinced me that the Ducks could "beat" up the Royals, but I'm all about being classy, so I think I'm still gonna have to go with Will and Kate.

Nancy said...

I'm sorry, Nick, but a Duck is just neither in the "cool" nor "fierce" category. I should know about lame mascots. My high school mascot was a Venice Gondolier. Roger has made fun of it our entire married life. :/ Go Cougars!

Darrell said...

I need to clarify something for all the Smarties who think voting for the Royals will somehow earn them a trip to London. This is not likely to happen on my watch. Although the video proof of how tough a Duck can be is impressive, it's still the Wolverine that inspires and causes fear--besides it's the only school that has a wrestling team.