Sunday, June 23, 2013

Sister Splityourpants

I probably won't do an update on Darel every week, but after peeing my pants twice before finishing her last letter, I couldn't help but share some more D-quotes.

"I am actually going to miss the MTC. It is like my safety net and it is the last few weeks before I am an international citizen (aka showering with buckets, getting my flesh eaten alive by mosquitoes, having to SYL 24/7 and eating rice for every meal - although that one I am looking forward too). But I am committed once I get to the Pines that I will NOT speak English, I am not afraid to look dumb so that is one good thing."

"So I have to tell you some stories from this week:
1. Strebs and I were teaching Nico (our investigator) and we had decided to not take notes and of course I had to write some words on my hands. And I was literally reading off my hand and laughing simultaneously because I straight up felt like Mulan. "Think before you snack...act." Strebs and I quoted it for like the rest of the day.

2. I have eaten so many rice krispies this week and I am now starting to get acid reflux, I remember this happened to me freshman year, but I cant stop because BYU krispies are da bomb! I seriously have like 2 or 3 every meal, I don't really like krisps but for some reason here its like crack cocaine!

3. I don't know why I ever wanted to learn a language, it is the most frustrating thing in the world, but I keep having to remind myself that its what I wanted and once I get it down I will be really happy I did.

4. Brother Pearce told Strebel and I he knew why we got called to the Pines - because we are exactly like Philipinos. AKA loud and in your face. Also Brother Pearce thanked me during coaching time (one on one) for having so much enthusiasm throughout the day. He said my excitement was contagious which is a lot coming from him because you could probably compare him to Jack from A Nightmare Before Christmas. We sing, "This is Halloween," every time he walks in the door. I love him but he shows NO emotion ever so Strebel and I made it a goal to make him smile once a day in class and we usually succeed.

5. I am the kickball master. Our whole zone started playing kickball and it has been so much fun, although I slog like a troglodyte to the bases to get there. I try and kick it as far as possible so I can have more time to run/walk.

6. My watch is the bomb. Seriously mom I love it, its like a little reflective mirror so I can easily check to see if I have anything in my teeth after I eat."

Another good week from Sister Deeds as you can tell. She leaves for the Philippines a week from tomorrow which is super exciting. Can't wait to see how she survives out there in San Pablo!

No comments: