Wednesday, October 22, 2008

My Cool Irish Son!


Shea and I went to Ireland in August for a little man to man bonding. We ended up spending some quality time in pubs listening to cool Irish music, taking in some sights and shopping for cool Irish stuff. We didn't get to Northern Ireland, but maybe its for the best because Shea is a little too political about the reunification of the motherland.


We did some cool sight seeing included the Blarney Castle. When I heard about the mystical powers, I decided to lick the Blarney Stone. I didn't want to take any chances that I would not be rewarded with the gift of the Blarney. As a lawyer and a coach and a parent, its something that I need every day.
Shea really enjoyed the music and meeting and talking with the Irish. The music was absolutely amazing. All in all, it was truly a magical trip with a most amazing son.

3 comments:

Sydney said...

Dad, thanks for licking the Blarney stone, I know someday we will all be thanking you. And Shea, way to flex your muscles in the last picture - looking good like always. If you guys want, when Shea is ready for the reunification, I could meet you in Northern Ireland! Just say the word!

Darcee said...

I'm beginning to feel like the only Smartie sib who is not traveling the world, or at least the country. In fact, I have yet to leave the walls of my own home since church on Sunday. Don't worry. I'm not bitter or anything. BTW, keep up the blogging. As a blogger extraordinaire, I love that you are all bloggers now!

Rangi said...

Darrell, thanks for the nice comment. To be told you are 'a little off', always means a little more when it comes from someone who is 'a little off' himself. Can't wait to see you guys at Thanksgiving.