Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Surviving Utah the Sundance way





























If anybody has some spare time in the next few days, call Nick and congratulate him. He has achieved his ultimate goal - turning his fiancee into an O.C.S. (Obsessive Compulsive Snowboarder) Despite my best efforts to break my tailbone, I can officially say that I've caught the snowboarding bug. Nick talked me into getting a season pass at Sundance so we could "spend some quality time together," but don't think that I couldn't see right through his little scheme. As you can see, we've had plenty of quality time and then some. We go snowboarding every Wednesday and Friday morning, which Nick conveniently cleared our class schedules for. Dad was very supportive and helped me get all the gear required for keeping up with Nicholas. I got a great snowboard, bindings, boots, and goggles. I am officially the most "popular" snowgirl on the mountain. (I can thank my good genes for 90% of that title) So even though it's freezing here and school is...school, Nick and I have got each other, lots of snow, and some good friends (Jennica, Tyler, and Hyrum pictured above) to keep us company on our weekly adventures. 

7 comments:

Kevin said...

Sounds perfect!
-Lisa Tree Henry

Darcee said...

Syd, you're so popular! I hope Nick is ready to keep up with you. I think it sounds fun to snowboard twice a week together. Do it now before you are married and poor.

smartchelsea said...

SNICK--Looks like lots of fun! We missed you this last weekend but don't worry we got you lots of great stuff! Love ya!

Shea Smart said...

thats awesome syd. i can't wait to come down and go boarding with you and nick. did you guys go to the film festival down there?

Sydney said...

No we didn't. It's still going on there. It's just really crowded and expensive, but I went last year and it was way fun.

Darrell said...

I can't wait to go boarding with you and Nick. I have only used my seasons pass twice. I am really hoping for some smoking spring skiing. You and Nick look like models. If you don't have really attractive children, it will be most tragic.

Anonymous said...

Funny!