Sunday, April 12, 2009

The Babysitter's Club



Lil' D and I were handling the boys last weekend while Mom was tie-hunting for Snick's wedding and Brent and Dad were at Priesthood. It was all going really well for us.
L.D. and I were deep in vital, sisterly conversation when we heard lots of crinkling and scratching coming from the dining room. We assumed the boys were playing with the cellophane on the giant Easter baskets Grandma She-She got them, so naturally, we continued our conversation. (Yes, I let my toddlers play often with cellophane and various other hazardous packing materials.)


When Cole let out a yelp of frustration, we decided we better check it out.






















Apparently, the boys had dug deeper than the cellophane wrapping and got down to the styrofoam hunk sitting at the bottom of the basket, just begging to be torn to shreds. Is anyone out there aware of the many destructive and annoying properties of which styrofoam balls are capable? They cling to EVERYTHING!!!


The first few seconds were spent in fits of hysterical laughter and Darel's picture-taking, followed by ingenious strategical planning to clean up a million balls of clinging styrofoam while keeping two curious boys at bay.
The best method in the end was "Divide and Conquer". I stripped the boys and kept them away while Darel cleaned up all the little static balls. Every time I see a lingering ball, I just have to laugh. Don't ever assume these two are innocent or incapable of causing severe damage to you or your personal property. (Yes, even you, Keith.)








As a side, if you know anyone that needs a sitter, give Darel or me a call. We prefer to work as a team. We are currently operating under the following marketing motto:


"No job is too big. No fee is too big."

3 comments:

Darrell said...

Good marketing strategy. I would consider making the Syd-bomb a member of your most Awesome Babysitters Club. The last time she baby sat, the parents came home and found their 2 toddlers naked walking in the street (it's OK though, it was a cul-de-sac), while Sydney was sleeping in the house. At the time, she had a very creative and believable excuse for this neglect, which unfortunately, I can't recall right now. She's definately a worthy member of your trio.

Sydney said...

whoa whoa! Gamma rays of assumption and disrespect! While most people would consider my "techniques" neglect or irresponsibility, most people don't know that I am instrumental in teaching their children how to survive in life. How to survive in the tough cul-de-sacs of Yakima, WA. I would appreciate some recognition and Of course I would be honored to be included in the Babysitter's Club. As long as the second half of the motto stays true.

smartchelsea said...

AS the only truly responsible member of the Smart Sistas Clan I may need to interject in order to save my favorite nephews. Seriously Syd your child rearing skills amaze me--Does Nick now about this?