Sunday, September 20, 2009

It's Official.







Yes, it's true I finally turned 16! I'm officially able to date and drive. Two weeks ago during Sacrament meeting my mom got up in front of the whole congregation and told everyone that I was about to go on my first date. Although it was probably the most embarrassing moment of my life, I'm thankful for all the "Dads" in my Ward who came up to me afterwards and said "If your dad needs any help taking the guy down, I'll be there." or "Who is this boy, I need to meet him." My sisters (mostly Sydney) have been pestering me to put pics up of Homecoming, so here are a few. I did actually have a really great time and I'm glad I got to go.


And now for my driving story.. Most of you may not know but it took me three times to pass the driving test. I obviously inherited my driving skills from dad and Chelsea. We always pay attention while were driving and we truly have a talent. But in my defense, the first two times I took the test i got the same lady. If her looks alone weren't scary enough she had a great personality to go along with that. You can even ask Dad and he will tell you she was a "Trogolodyte." The first time I went to Ellensburg I got a 77 (3 points away from passing). And the second time I got the Trogolodyte again and I didnt even get to finish the test! She said I didn't stop twice at the stop sign and that it was illegal. So the third time I decided I had to take it in Yakima because I couldn't have the Trogolodyte. The lady in Yakima loved me and I passed with a 92. So friends and family I am officially legal to drive.



8 comments:

Darrell said...

4 comments:
1. Yes the lady in E-burg was a troglodyte--a monstrous troglodyte!
2. Regardless of how she looked and acted, she was spot on relative to your driving skills (or lack thereof)--you can't drive worth beans.
3. You are absolutely mistaken about inheriting your driving skills from me and chelsea. First, CJ is your sister and you can't inherit anything from a sib. Second, I passed my driving test (circa 1973) with "flyers colors." In fact, I'm pretty sure that's what prompted the DMV to install me in the Driving Hall of Fame for the State of Utah...or was it the record number of speeding tickets I unfairly received my first year of driving? Regardless...you failed twice; entirely on your own.
4. You were absolutely gorgeous on your first date! Couldn't have been more proud.

Sydney said...

Why is it that so many troglodytes have been put in the pathway of the smart sisters? No one will ever know! Thanks for posting pics D! I love them. You looked beautiful!
Don't date too much because you know there are tons of boys at BYU waiting for you...

Alix said...

Oh my goodness Darel you look GORGEOUS!! Looks like you had lots of fun :) Love you!

smartchelsea said...

OK--let me just say that I got a 98 on my driving test and I only took it once. Driving tests obviously don't mean anything--just ask the telephone pole in our old neighborhood. However, I have been ticket free since moving to DC (parking tickets in the district don't count) but it could be related to the fact that I don't drive as much here. Embrace your driving abilities Dar! And we'll warn the telephone poles to stay out of the street. You look beautiful!! I love the color of your dress.

Anonymous said...

You look radiant.I will watch the roads closely :)

Jana

Mitch and Elayna Carter said...

Uhm 16 going on ... 22!! Ok I'm exaggerating, but it's like we said at the reunion, it's always seemed like you were a few years older than you actually are. Congrats on everything! I'm excited for you Darel, and you look absolutely beautiful!

Megan Potter said...

WOw life gets more and more exciting! You're growing up so fast! Congrats on the drivers license and Homecoming date! I wore a plum colored dress to my first Homecoming dance too, school dances are so much fun.
Love you and miss you!
Megan Potter

Darcee said...

Lil' D. You are smokin' HOT! Why don't you get out of your sweatpants more often? And I'm glad you finally passed the driving test. I was beginning to think you would never come visit me!