Thursday, February 26, 2009

Amor en Argentina


Here are the first pics of our trip to the South America. We started in Argentina, celebrating St. Valentine's Day in Buenos Aires. I kept with mom's v-day tradition and we all got matching heart pjs and the boys surprised us with roses. Since we only had limited time, we were on a Smart Travel Plan-go hard or go home, wimps need not apply, big dogs to the top, etc. It rivaled the southern UT spring break from hell when dad and grandma Phyl insisted we see how many national parks we could see in 5 days.



If you think I am kidding, imagine traveling for 24 hours straight and then trying to stay awake in a temple session all of which is in Spanish. Needless to say Meliss and I made fools of our selves trying to keep each other awake.

After a good night's rest, sharing (Sarah, Meliss, and I) two twin beds shoved together (anything is better then sleeping on an airplane), we set out to explore BA. This is us in front of Evita's grave in the famous Recoleta Cemetery. And the Casa Rosada (the Argentine White House) where Evita made her famous speech.


My favorite Argentine!




We met up with one of my mission buddies who is from BA. He was kind enough to tell me how crappy my Spanish has become--gotta love Latin honesty!


Buenos Aires is a beautiful city. It is clean and everything is very European from the architecture to the people. Don't worry Mom, I haven't packed my suitcases yet, but I could easily live in BA. Up next...Uruguay.


3 comments:

Darrell said...

We are so happy to know that you have not been abducted by aliens or SA terrorist. What a fun, rich experience. Give some hugs to Sur America from Diego.

Sydney said...

Chels your trip looked SO fun! Traveling is the greatest! Meliss and Sara look super cute as do you in all the pics. And I'm sure you spanish isn't THAT bad.

Darcee said...

Thanks for posting pics! I've been waiting!!!