Thursday, February 5, 2009

Flowers are in my blood!





I love my floral design class! It has been so fun to learn about different types of flowers and to learn how to put them in beautiful arrangements! Here are some very cheesy pictures of me with my latest accomplishments - boutenieres! We made three in class today. Our lab fees provide unlimited flowers and we get to pick the colors in our arrangements. I get extra credit if someone wears my bouteniere, so this Sunday Nick and friends will be wearing a little surprise courtesy of floral design! The bouteniere with the rose is a "prom bouteniere." The carnation is for a funeral and the wild flower one is just for fun. Next week we are doing basket arrangements for Valentine's Day. I think we can attribute any floral skills we have to Dad! Thanks for making me weed in the garden every Saturday since my existence! Now I know why arranging flowers is so fun for you!
















3 comments:

Darcee said...

OK. So, those pics are totally cheesy, but you have some mad flower arranging skills. Seriously, I'm very impressed! Does this mean you'll be saving money on your wedding by doing all the arranging yourself?

Darrell said...

I know that you won't have time to actually do the flowers for the Yakima reception, but if you could get Lil' D trained up, we could save some serious bank. I am sure she could get her posse from the ward (Super Tay Tay and the H Bomb) to assist. Seriously, I'm hoping that you can teach me something really cool. I don't know how to make (or even spell) boutinere (sp?). I just grow tons of flowers and then place them in vases so they look totally amazing.

smartchelsea said...

Syd Bomb--who knew you had a green thumb. I remember when you used to eat the raspberries dad would force me to pick and he would just make me pick more to fill the bowl. The flowers look amazing!