Saturday, November 1, 2008

Feliz Cumpleanos, Keith and Cole!!!

Today is the twinners 1st bday and since all you west coaster are probably still sleeping, I thought I get my east coast shout out in. It's hard to believe its been a whole year since the they were born! When we found out Darc was pregnant, mom was visiting me in P-town and we were awake laying in bed waiting for the phone call to come around 4 am UT time. It was also my b-day and one of the best present! I forget sometimes all the prayers, fasting, and patience it took to get them here and how little they were when they did arrive. I went to Boston a few weeks after they were born and Keith was the length of my forearm! To say that I love being the favorite aunt is an understatement! No offense fam, but if the twinners weren't on the west coast I wouldn't be as motivated to head that direction. Anyway, I don't want to sound all sappy but just wanted to put up some pics of the last year. Give them a big b-day kiss and hug from favorite tia!!

Sorry Darc, I know you are going to hate this one but I wanted post a pic of the first weekend I meet the twinners--granted they were still inside of you but they loved my visit anyway. Yea for sisters weekend in Bean-town!


Last one I promise! I just wanted Darc to be reminded of these days unless she was too delusional to remember!


They "loved" getting dressed up for their photo shot--don't worry boys there will be plenty more of those!


Their first wrestling match and Coach Smart.

Bath Time!

PS. I just realized that I have become one of those people that talks about their nephews/nieces obsessively. But when you have the cutest nephews, I assume everyone wants to hear about them;)!! Plus it's all part of the favorite aunt role--just fulfilling my duties!

3 comments:

Darcee said...

Tia Chelsea! I LOVED your post! Everyone here is still sleeping but I just can't. This whole week has been a flood of memories for me. I'm so grateful to have two healthy, handsome and normal (well, as normal as possible with Smart blood in their veins) baby boys. This last year has been a crazy one but a great one. Today is truly a special day for me and Brent and I'm so grateful that you take your auntie duties so seriously. It means so much to me. Chewy and SpecK are so lucky to have you as an auntie and to be part of our families. Thanks for the shout out! And yes, I will kill you later for posting such hideous pictures of me on the internet. It's hard to believe that I had the boys only 3 weeks from our girls weekend in Beantown. Who knew they would make such an early appearance?

Sydney said...

I hate to break it to everyone, but as I am anywhere from 6-9 hours ahead of all of you, I got to celebrate the twin's birthday first! But I agree Chels, it's the best feeling in the world to be an obsessive aunt. Good thing there are two of them because I don't know what I'd do if I had to wait more than thirty minutes to hold one!

Darrell said...

You are not only the favorite tia, but my favorite blogger. Great post and just awesome pics. thx muchos!