Thursday, November 6, 2008

Halloween in DC

Sorry about the 2 posts in one day but I wanted to get this done before it was too late. Since I am basically married to my LSAT books, Halloween was the first weekend I had been out in a long time. So to celebrate I put on my best gypsy costume and headed out on a night on the town.




The next night a bunch of us headed to Old Town Alexandria and had dinner in an old historic restaurant that George Washington frequented when he was in town. It has maintained the decor and menu of GW's era. Then we did a ghost tour--a walking tour of Old Town where they tell you the ghost legends of the area. We stopped by the cemetery and Robert E. Lee's birth house. It was pretty cheesy but lots of fun.



On Halloween day, I was in a 4 1/2 meeting at work and in order to entertain myself I started reminiscing on the Smart Halloween traditions. Here is the top 10 best Smart Halloween memories:
1. Mom always passing out Smarties candy
2. The crayon costume Dad sewed all by himself
3. The panty hose scarecrow bride and creepy man that sat out side the Barge house
4. Mom's sweet Shopko jewelry--a plastic ghost necklace. I always wanted to wear it and she finally broke down and splurged on one for me (see below)
5. Mom's chili and Marie Calendar's corn bread
6. The evidence skeleton from the law firm draped in spiderwebs
7. Darcee always dressing up as a man of some sort (see below)
8. Marian Estates trick or treating
9. Going to G & G Hagues after--Dad would "inspect" our candy and take his share
10. Bingo Bear costume

Well we've had some great Halloweens--and from the pics of this year Mom and Dad were not to be out done. Enjoy the pic below!


3 comments:

Sydney said...

I must say, the Darcee being a man comment put me on the floor laughing. Some things never change? Except mom's hair...and what a shame! Chels it looks like you had so much fun on Halloween! You were an seductive and tempting gypsy!

Darrell said...

CJ never apologize for posting twice in a day. Thx for the update on your Halloween and the blast from our past. FYI Mom has turned the job of passing out the candy to me. The last 4 years I have gone all out and tortured the little kids who dared to knock on our door.

Darcee said...

CJ, you and your roomies are some hot gypsies! You guys are always doing fun things! OK, and I wish I could defend myself on the whole "wanting to be a man" thing, but seriously, I had some sort of complex as a kid. Don't worry. I've grown out of that, but it was weird. Thank you for bringing it to everyone's attention. I love the picture. Classic. Let's try to find one of us in our clown suits. And where's a pic of you in the bingo bear costume?