Monday, November 17, 2008

Save the Children




This (like Nick) is my first blog! Im sure that this blog will boring into comparison with all the new buzz on Nick's trip to go see Syd. But that's okay because when you are living at home with your parents you've got to do something to keep yourself busy! Recently I have been on this "fad" of saving little African children. So Chels is the humanitarian worker and I called her up a week ago and I am announcing my trip to Uganda summer of 2010! We are planning to go work in an orphanage and teach them about AIDs/HIVs for two weeks. It will actually be for my senior project and I cant wait to go. Hopefully after I am done with this trip I will have more experience and go back again a second time and help orphans with mental disabilities, which is what i really want to do! Although mom doesnt believe I will follow through with this, I will prove to everyone that I am totally serious about it! I will be earning money this summer to help pay for the trip and when I say earning I mean working in dads office (ughhh!). So help me save the children!


P.S. And if any of you have no idea what to get me for christmas you can get me a pic of African babies or something!




5 comments:

Nick said...

That's so cool Darel! Syd and I want in.

Darrell said...

Si se puede! You will have to work hard and save your money, but I know you can do it. Mom and I are proud of you and your goodness.

smartchelsea said...

Darey Berry, I think this will be great. Let's talk over Christmas about some possible options. Welcome to the blogging world! I expect many more posts!

Sydney said...

Chels you've created a monster! But such a worthy and inspiring monster! I want in as well. Count me and Nick in for Save the Children! Darel that is way cool and something totally worth working hard for!

Darcee said...

Good luck, lil' d! I can't wait to see what things you do with your humanitarian spirit.