Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Parisians m'aiment!

Here's the newest in the life of everyone's favorite french girl! Yesterday was a super fun day. As you can see, it started out great when Jennica and I walked out of our rooms and realized we were matching! Due to our limited closets and one wash day per week, changing was not really an option, so we walked around Paris as twins for the day. (In honor of Cole and Keith of course) The picture of us on the stairs is actually on steps of Sacre Coeur, which I'll explain in a minute. Right next to it is a picture of us leaning out of our balcony seats at the French Ballet. We were fortunate to get the last two tickets! They only cost us 7 Euro and when the lady selling them told us that they were "tres mauvais," or very bad, we were too happy about the price to complain. Later when we realized how horrible our seats were and how much our necks hurt from leaning over, we began to slightly rethink our decision. However, the ballet was beautiful and totally worth it! It's all part of the experience right?
















This is me in front of Sacre Coeur overlooking beautiful Paris! As you can see it was such a sunny day that I could even wear short sleeves! For FHE we went to Sacre Coeur and also explored Montmarte (the area around it) which is where I am standing on the right. It's a famous (and super cute) Parisian cafe.
This is my street! 7 Avenue Rembrandt! Even the signs here are super french. In case you are wondering, the girl in the photo is me, not a real Parisian girl. (I know, they are easy to confuse)







"Behold, all the glory and manifestation!" (Thanks Shea.) These are the best macaroons in all of France I swear. And trust me, I'm a worthy critic. They are from LaDuree, a famous place here. They pretty much make every flavor imaginable. My favorites are Vanilla and Lemon (Vanille et Citron) but they even have Rose, Lavender, Pistacchio, and Black licorice. I personally think it's safer to stick with the basics, but the Rose seems to be very popular amongst the Parisians.




This is the statue of the Man in the Wall. It's basically an urban legend in France that is way too long to tell. But if you're dying to know, I'd be happy to share. Basically, (and quite obviously) this guy stupidly got stuck in this stone wall. Legend has it, that at night, you can hear his wails all through Montmarte. I personally think he ate too many macaroons and couldn't fit his rear end through the wall, but that's just my opinion. Either way, it was an eventful day and super fun FHE! A bientot!




























4 comments:

Darrell said...

Seeing your pics makes me wish Mom and I would have planned to come and get you. We can't afford it this year--remember we are saving for a wedding. We are so happy that you are having this experience abroad. Your experiences will become the foundation of your life in terms of education and spirituality. Make sure you continue to right in your journal as much as you can. Sometimes, the significance of what we are experiencing is not recognized for many years.

Darcee said...

Love the new pix! I love to see what you are up to.
P.S. I want to hear the story of the "man in the wall" when you return to the Promised Land.

chelsea said...

Know do you see why I want to be Chilean? You can be Parisian if I can be Chilean, ok??!! Loved the pics--you look great! I don't think the millions of macaroons or crepes are making a difference. So the man in the wall with the big bum reminds me of when you would get dressed up and put mom's pom poms in your bum to make it big!

Sydney said...

Don't worry Chels, I'm busting out the poms poms for the wedding. It's going to be great!