Thursday, November 6, 2008

Obama '08



Just wanted to give a shout out to Obama!! Some of our friends had an election party and of the 25 people there, the three hotties above were the only Obama supporters. We watched the results of election all night and then at midnight, right after Obama's speech, we headed into downtown DC to celebrate with the masses. It was an incredible experience to be in the nation's captial celebrating the election of the first african-american president. It was a unifying night as everyone was laughing, crying, cheering, and honking horns. It was so fun and there were tons of people celebrating in the streets they had to block of a few of them. Of course everyone at my office is a big Obama supporter and everyone has been celebrating. Anyway just wanted to share some pics of the night. Go Obama!!




1 comment:

Darrell said...

Wow! I am so jealous. I don't know what kind of president Obama will be, but he has been an amazing candidate. He is not only a candidate for Black America, but for all Americans. I agree with Colin Powell that he is truly a transformative figure in American politics. We no longer wonder whether White America can pull the level for a Black man in the private of the voting booth. I used to pray for the President, until the past several years. I essentially gave up on President Bush. Any president who wages war without thinking of the lasting consequences, institutes a governmental policy of torture, gives preferential tax treatment to the rich, fails to oversee and regulate critical aspects of our government and the economy and then all the while promotes a policy of fear of terrorists to maintain power, is beyond help. (I need to let my hatred of Bush go.) I firmly believe that history will judge him very, very harshly. I am so ready for change. I was inspired by the World-Wide celebration following Obama's victory. The world needs America to be great again. At last, we will have a president that we are not embarassed of when we travel abroad, someone who is at least curious about the world we live in, someone who reads and tries to understand complex problems. I hope and pray that Obama will prove himself to be a great president. Time will tell.