Monday, November 17, 2008

Paris (City of Love)

Well Sydney has requested that I enter into this world of blogging with the Smart family so here it goes. As you all know I had the marvelous opportunity (thank you Sheila and Darrell) to travel across the pond to where Sydney has been these past few months. Sydney was in shock when we met at the Eiffel Tower (pictures capture the true emotion). There is a video circulating out there of the magnificent reunion but I have not been able to get my hands on it. It was the most amazing week of my life. Having never been outside North America I only had ideas of what life was really like over there. I expected the French to be rude and smelly. The latter was true but the French are surprisingly nice I found. The don't eat to well other than the most amazing pastries ever. I am a major fan of the mass transit over there, except for those few times we barely missed the RER. Sydney and I were able to do so much in just five short days. There were no lines anywhere since it is sort of the "off season" over there. Well...pictures say way more than words so I will just give you a few of the near three hundred we took over the course of the week. Enjoy!



4 comments:

Darrell said...

Finally...We have all been waiting to hear about the "reunion beneath the Eiffel Tower." I still would like some more "dets." I think you can post video to this blog, but I haven't figured it out yet. Maybe you could give it a shot. We are all so happy for you and Syd and were excited for you to spend some time in Paris with her. We are expecting an FHE at Christmas with video and still pics. Maybe you and Syd could do a quick power point presentation on Paris, now that you are both experts. Welcome home!

Sydney said...

Nick! Thank you so much for posting all the pictures! You did it all so fast! And make sure you fill in the fam with all the juicy details because I can't! Dad, Nick and I would love to share our expertise with the fam! Nick can say one sentence in french and he can tell you all about what pastries to taste.

smartchelsea said...

SNICK--reunited! Nick, I am amazingly impressed with your technology skillz--maybe you could teach Shea a thing or too. Can't wait to hear all about the Parisian adventure. Hope P-town is treating you well!!

Darcee said...

Nick, great post! I love all the pics, too. I can't wait to hear the play-by-play at Christmas.
P.S. I am soooo sorry about not calling you to help you out with posting on the blog. I feel terrible. That was pretty low of me.
We're excited to see Snick at Christmas!